- Customer Help Center
Customer Help Center
In the categories below you will find the answers to our most frequently asked questions. Please feel free to explore the Help Center and if you still have questions, then you can Contact Us by phone, e-mail or live chat.
How do I work out what size I should Order?
Please remember, wool is a natural fibre and has a strong element of flexibility. If your garment feels slightly small at first, give it a gentle stretch which will loosen the fibres in a way that will not damage the garment or cause it to lose its shape.
How To Care For Your Aran Garment
Wool is a renewable and sustainable material that provides protection against the elements and is more resilient to wear and tear, than that of synthetic fibers. There are various ways in which you can care for your Aran garment to help promote its lifetime, allowing you more time to treasure it.
How To Wash
We recommend airing your garment regularly rather than over cleaning it as this can damage the quality of the wool and cause breakage to its fibers overtime. However, if you do need to wash your garment then we recommend the following guidelines:
- Never put in a washing machine or tumble dryer.
- For best results we recommend a 5-10 minute soak in Woolie Cold Water Wash.
- Gently squeeze suds through. Do not rub, twist or wring.
- Squeeze gently and roll in a towel to remove excess water.
- Pull out carefully into natural sweater shape.
- Dry flat to avoid stretching and avoid direct heat or sunlight.
How To Store
- To ensure your sweater retains its shape, we recommend that you store folded as in the Aran Sweater Market, rather than hang, as this may cause your garment to stretch over a long period of item.
- We recommend you store your Aran Sweater or garment in a cardboard box, muslin linen bag or acid-free tissue paper to allow the natural fibers to breathe while they are in storage.
- We also recommend using an a moth deterrent such as a mothball or lavender as a natural remedy, during the summer months when you may not be wearing your sweater as frequently.
We currently operate a Flat Rate Shipping Offer worldwide, which means you only pay to ship 1 item within each order to a singular shipping address – that’s right, add as many items as you wish to your individual order, but only pay to ship 1 item.
How long does it take to ship my item?
Average express delivery (Business Days):
- Ireland - 1 Day
- UK & Europe - 2 Days
- USA & Canada - 3 Days
- Australia & New Zealand - 3 Days
- Japan & South Korea - 3 Days
- Rest of World - 3 Days
How much shipping do I pay?
Worldwide shipping is calculated at a flat rate according to your shipping address, therefore variations can occur within different countries and states, etc. Once the flat rate has been identified, you will not be charged for the shipping of any other items within your order (to a singular shipping address), as these will all be shipped free of charge.
Do I have to pay taxes & duties?
- Please note that any taxes and / or duties on your order will NOT be included in your online total and are not the responsibility of the Aran Sweater Market.
- DHL Worldwide will charge the package recipient all applicable duty, taxes and /or brokerage fees, should any apply, at time of delivery. As the Aran Sweater Market has no control over such taxes or charges, they are not calculated in your online total.
- Please contact your local customs office for more information regarding these charges, which are assessed by weight and volume once your order is received into the country of the receipient.
Tracking Your Order
How can I track my order?
All items are sent via our Express Delivery Service (unless you are ordering a single, small item) which comes with a DHL Tracking ID – this tracking ID will be sent to you via email when your order has been packaged and processed by us, so you can follow your order from the Aran Sweater Market right to your door!
Vouchers and Coupons
I have received a €10 voucher, how do I use this?
To redeem your €10 voucher, take the following steps:
- At Step 2 of Checkout, please enter the unique Campaign Code (also called online voucher code) which is printed on the back of the €10 Discount Voucher (see below) into the "Campaign Code" field:
- You will then be prompted to enter your unique Voucher No. (see below) into the "Voucher No." field
When you have correctly entered both your "Campaign Code" and your "Voucher No." into each field, please click the "Apply Voucher" button to apply this discount to your order.
Please note: this €10 Discount Voucher can be used for any purchase of €50 or more (valid against next purchase - minimum qualifying purchase is 5 times the value of each voucher; only one €10 Discount Voucher can be redeemed per order).
I have received a Discount Code via email, how do I redeem this?
To use the Discount Code you’ve received via email, take the following steps:
- At Step 2 of Checkout, please enter the Campaign Code which is included within your email into the "Campaign Code" field.
- When you have correctly entered your Discount Code into the "Campaign Code" field, please click the "Apply Voucher" button to apply this discount to your order.
Please note: the Discount Code you have received via email may have certain terms associated with it before the Discount Code is validated – these may include terms such as a specific minimum order value, may be applicable only to specific product categories, etc. so please refer to your email for these exact terms.
Join Our Marketplace
By signing up to our marketplace you will receive the latest special offers and promotions exclusive only to our email subscribers.
From discounts on best sellers to special promotional codes for product ranges, you will also receive tips and advice on wearing our Aran knitwear along with updates on all our latest news from our official Blog.
You can sign-up to receive our newsletter here
Returns and Refunds
We are 100% confident that our authentic Irish Aran knitwear will reach you in perfect condition as each of our garments are quality checked by hand and fully approved before leaving our store. Read latest customer reviews here.
All Aran knit items are issued with an individually numbered, signed and stamped Certificate of Authenticity so you are guaranteed that you will receive a superior product that will last for generations.
Our Refund and Returns Policy
In the unlikely event of your item not having reached you in perfect condition, then we will gladly process the return of your item at absolutely no cost to you once it is in the specified time period. Items returned for a refund, need to be returned within 30 days. Items returned for an exchange, need to be returned within 60 days. We just ask that you send us a picture of the defect within the product and we’ll cover the shipping of the item back to us and offer you either an exchange or full refund. Once the refund has been approved you will receive a confirmation email indicating that the refund will be paid into your account. This normally takes 2-3 working days but please note that payments to your credit card always depend on your bank provider.
Our Refund Procedure
Firstly please email us with a picture of the defect to email@example.com so that we can authorise the refund for you.
- Order Number
- Detail the reason for the refund
- Your full postal address
- Your telephone number We will cover the full cost of return shipping
Our Exchange Procedure
Within your exchange package, please include the following:
- Order Number
- Detail the reason for exchange
- The Item you would like to purchase as part of the exchange
- Your full postal address
- Your telephone number so that we may call you to arrange payment for the return shipping Alternatively you may use your own national postal service to return the item.
Our Return Policy
If the reason for return is not based on a defect within the garment then you will be required to pay shipping for the item you wish to exchange or refund.
Our Return Procedure
Simply call our Customer Care department at +353 64 662 3102 within 60 days of your purchase. Our Customer Care team will escort you through the process of returning the goods back to us.